Monday, June 28, 2010

The end of June



I haven't added commentary to these photos (coming on Tuesday) but they highlight some of my activities in Tours over the last 2 weeks. My outside of the city trips will be in separate upcoming blogs.

At the end of June, I see how quickly a month flies by and I am anticipating that July will go just as fast. The BGSU program had 12 grad students living in dorms and 4 undergrads living with host families. There has been a big turnover this weekend with only 5 grad students and 3 undergrads staying in Tours for July. The rest of our group is headed home or to Burkina Faso, a former French colony in West Africa.

We ended the first month of classes (I passed!) and I will have new teachers and classmates in July. My favorite activity so far in Tours is going on walks. Although our dorm is on the edge of town, there are pretty gardens, parks, a lake, and some playgrounds that we have discovered!

I will miss the grad students who have left Tours. We shared dinners together one night each weekend and always had interesting conversations plus one exciting game night including Catch Phrase.

Lastly I'll admit that I have some sort of theater bug. After performing in a German play this past spring at BGSU, I could not resist signing up to participate in our language institute's talent show. Regardless of my (lack of) talent, I found a skit to perform that got great reviews. Wait for the photo commentary to get a better explanation of the pics. I will also ask around to see if there is video. Imagine me in a silent movie or in a scene where only one person's mic gets turned on, and it isn't my mic.

This week we have off from school and I will do some traveling and blog posting before classes resume July 5. How is the summer treating you? What are your 4th of July plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment