Thursday, June 18, 2009

Survey: Save or Spend?

The very first picture is to show that I started collecting Euro coins. Each EU country has their own national design on the back of each coin piece. When I realized I had many different countries I figured I would hold on to some. Here is where I need your help. In the picture you see 21 Euros, which is probably 30 or so US dollars. The question is do I also save these 1 and 2 Euro coins for a collection or because of their real value spend them on groceries, or chocolate, or gifts to bring home? What would you do?



The second photo requires explanation as well. I clearly don't know the first thing about quality coffee, or maybe I am a natural blond like my sis Nancy, or maybe I there are just some parts of the German language I haven't mastered yet. I was grocery shopping and had coffee on my list because Kristen and I had run out of grounds for the coffee pot we keep in our room. I am looking at the aisle of coffee. 1) I must make sure I don't mess up and buy instant coffee. 2) I also don't want to accidently buy a capucinno mix (accidentally did that this fall). 3)I don't have a grinder so I can't buy coffee beans.

Well I see this bright yellow back with the logo "FRÜH BIS SPÄT". I think Wow that is clever. I like to drink coffee in the morning (early=früh) and sometimes if I need to stay up I will drink coffee at night (late=spät). Clearly this coffee is for me. I add it to my basket and go on my way. Maybe a day or too later, I glance at the coffee package again and gasp. I finally notice another word on the package "Entkoffeiniert". Mary what were you thinking? - says myself and my roommate as she laughs at me. Just guess what that word means..... decaffenatied. I can't actually spell it in English, but I can tell you what it tastes like in Austria.

The rest are mostly all random pictures about which I had comments to offer. Above is a slide show or you can click on this link.


2 comments:

  1. Love the coffee story, Mary Beth! I know that you are going to miss Austria, but it will be nice to have you back. Hope you visit Spartanburg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say keep the coins, but I am a banker and a fanatic about that sort of thing. The coffee, bring it home, your mimi and paw drink decaffenated many a times
    Love mom

    ReplyDelete